Industry and Technology Division
The administration of justice program provides students with the ability to apply principles of the justice system, constitutional and procedural considerations affecting arrest, search and seizure, human relations, and concepts of criminal law as well as demonstrate proficiency in report writing and record keeping. Students completing this program will be prepared to transfer and major in criminal justice. Competencies will be assessed regularly in accordance with the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) criteria.
The Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing the AS-T are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. In order to earn an AS-T degree, students must complete:
- Completion of 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University.
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education - Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- A grade of “C” or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Students who have completed the AS-T will have a strong academic foundation in the field and will be prepared for upper division baccalaureate study at the university. The coursework will satisfy most of the lower-division requirements at many institutions within the California State University system. Students transferring to a UC, private, or out-of-state university should consult with an El Camino College counselor when planning to complete the degree since transfer requirements may be slightly different than those required for the AS-T.
For Gainful Employment program information, please visit www.elcamino.edu/academics/indtech/adminjustice.